People with hair color always expect it to last as long as possible. My wallet hurts when I go to the hairdresser for a color touch-up. So they came up with the idea of mixing shampoo and hair dye. Will it work? This article will help you decide how to dilute your hair dye with shampoo and what to do.
Can I mix shampoo and hair dye?
Shampoo and hair dye can be thoroughly mixed. People often approach this method for two purposes.
- Extend the life of the dye in your hair. To trim previously dyed hair. This method will not only keep your hair color, but will also save you time and money going to the hairdresser. However, shampoo washes away a lot of hair dye. Therefore, you may need to wash it once or twice at a time.
- Apply a new color to your hair for a specific hair color or tone. This approach is for those who have blonde or highlights in their hair. It can be used with any color, especially bright colors. However, in this situation the shampoo will dilute the hair dye, so you cannot expect your hair to turn into the darkest shade.
What are the risks of mixing shampoo and hair dye?
Here are some common risks you may encounter when mixing shampoo and hair dye:
- Trying to mix multiple chemicals is very dangerous. Both are already hard substances in their own right. Be sure to do the test strand first and see the results. Wait 5-10 minutes to check for redness or a bad reaction. If not, it’s better to go.
- Because you apply the mixture directly. It does not coat all strands of hair evenly. As a result, uneven hair color appears.
- The ratio of shampoo and hair dye is an important factor to achieve the desired color. Worst case, you’ll end up with a terrible color. This makes the biggest difference between you and your professional hairdresser. However, if you decide to do so, test it on part of your hair first. Adjust the proportions until you get the right color.
- This kind of combination should not be used for all hair washes. This way, harsh chemicals will ruin your hair altogether. Try it once every two weeks. Then use a deep conditioner to minimize hair damage.
How to dilute hair dye with shampoo?
The shampoo you use to dilute your hair dye should be colorless. As a result, you can easily manage your results. This treatment is meant to keep your hair color longer.
To do this you will need:
- Tube of desired hair color
- white color shampoo
- empty bow
- Apply shampoo to the bow. The amount is determined by the length and thickness of the hair. Make a generous amount of mixture to cover your entire hair.
- Use shampoo as foundation. Mix the dye little by little. Stop when the color matches your design.
- Mix well to avoid uneven colors.
- Do not leave it for more than 30 minutes.
- Use deep conditioner after shampooing.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it better to mix hair dye into conditioner than shampoo?
Compared to shampoo, it is better to use hair dye with conditioner. Unlike shampoo, conditioner is gentle on hair. You can lighten the color of the dye. Shampoo, on the other hand, tends to wash off. Mixing the hair dye and conditioner gives the illusion of a softer color.
2. Can I mix purple shampoo and hair dye?
Purple shampoo is a good shampoo that can be mixed with hair dye. This is because purple shampoo is usually used to maintain hair dye solution. Therefore, it is the best way to preserve hair color.
When mixing purple shampoo and hair dye, use purple shampoo as a base. Gradually add the dye and mix thoroughly until the desired color is achieved. The total amount is determined by the length of the hair.
It is not recommended to use this method every time you wash your hair. Do it once a week or when you need to keep the color.
3. Can I mix conditioner and semi-permanent hair dye?
Mix only semi-permanent shades of conditioner. This works best if you’re using a fantasy or non-natural color. Permanent dyes that require a developer do not mix well with the conditioner, so the dye adheres unevenly to the hair.
4. Shampoo to maintain color?
To maintain dyed hair, you should use a shampoo for dyed hair. It helps to keep the color from fading. Your hair color will last longer. Color Treatment Hair Shampoo also adds amazing tint, retains vitality, and sheds color between salon visits. Promotes strength, shine and softness of dyed hair. So, if you want the color to last longer, it is recommended to change from your regular shampoo to this type of shampoo.
do the efforts L’Oreal Paris Hair Care Everpure, Herbish Hair Color Shampoo, Kera color cleanser hair dye Instantly infuse color into your hair after every wash.
5. Which shampoo is bad for dyed hair?
Shampoos containing sulfate-based substances such as sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate and sodium chloride should not be used if you have dyed hair. This powerful detergent can quickly fade and ruin your hair color. To avoid this, read the label carefully before applying it to your hair. Colored hair shampoo is considered the best option in this situation.
Mixing shampoo and hair dye is an interesting approach that can save you money and time. Despite the benefits, it can be dangerous because professional hairdressers do not recommend doing it at home. It can lead to damaged hair, uneven tone and unwanted appearance. Hope you have a great time. See you in the next post